Happy Tuesday gals!
This past weekend, I was nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award, which came at the perfect time. This past week was the anniversary of the creation of my blog-Farr From Perfect is now one year old!
The Blogger Recognition Award is for bloggers to recognize new bloggers for their work and then that blogger recognizes a new blogger and so on. It’s a great way to encourage new bloggers, network and build a better blogging community.
I was so surprised and excited to see that someone (other than myself) has read some of my blog… and actually found it interesting! This award is so encouraging. I was nominated by the sweet author of New Adventures in Life. Thank you so much girlie; I really appreciate it!
There are a few rules to accepting the award:
- Write a post about the award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a brief story about how your blog began
- Provide at least two pieces of advice to newbie bloggers
- Select 15 blogs to nominate. It can be hard to find new blogs, but it’s also a lot of fun to see what everyone else is doing. If you’re having problems finding new bloggers search Instagram for “newbloggers” and see what pops up.
- Contact each nominee and provide a link to this post
Why I started blogging:
I started this blog during my senior year of college. I was working part time and finishing up my school; writing was my only creative outlet. When I began blogging, I didn’t know what I was doing. I would write posts sporadically when I had the time; at first, I wasn’t very consistent. When I graduated and had a lot more time on my hands, I started to take it more seriously. I researched and looked to other bloggers for advice. I wanted my website to look good, my writing to be concise and my photographs to look professional. Now, I am hoping to grow my blog and following with the tools around me.
Advice for new bloggers:
- Be consistent: One of the biggest things I have noticed that causes other bloggers to fail is lack of consistency. Make writing a priority and research different topics that fit in your niche.
- Plan: I am a type A person, so planning things out is second nature to me. I honestly plan out writing times on Mondays/Wednesdays. I try to stay consistent by scheduling all of my posts for Tuedsay/Thursday as well.
- Don’t make your niche too small: As a lifestyle blogger, I try to keep my niche pretty big. I love makeup, but I don’t only want to talk about makeup on my blog. The same goes for fashion. Making a fashion/lifestyle blog is great because I can talk about clothes, beauty products, home decor, travel, real life problems, and other things like that.
- The Trendy Toast: I met Madison when I went to college at Baylor; and started following her blog when she started it this past summer. She is an amazing writer and has great style.
- A Girl From TX: Love her style and great pictures! Her blog is all about Texas and the fun things to do here.
- The Sophia Diaries: Her pictures are so great and her blogs are super helpful. This is definitely one of the coolest blogs I have seen in a while.
- Trendy Kenzie: This is a fashion and travel blog, with some great pictures! Makenzie has the cutest blog and style. Go follow her for sure!
- And Then Monday: This is a great lifestyle blog that explores lots of health, wellness and beauty products. I love it!
- Beyond Measure: One of my good friends (and bridesmaids!), Allison, started a blog about following Jesus in a broken world. Read about her experiences and how God is working through her life!
- Taylor Taylor: This girl has the prettiest photos, and her blog is so cute. Love her style and her little family is so cute! Keep up the good work!
- Merci Marie: Marie is a Dallas based blogger with a love for fashion and travel. She has great style and photos!
- It’s Pam Del: Pam is a Houston lifestyle and fashion blogger. She also thrifts a lot of her outfits, which I love. She has great style and bright pictures, too!
- Sparkles and Sunshine: Caitlin loves fashion, fitness and travel. She is a blogger based out of Florida and has a super cute puppy! Check out her blog!
- Seeing Local: Carly is a travel blogger based out of Dallas. I love her unique style and reading about all of the places she goes. One unique thing about her blog is that she visits places that locals would go; I love that idea!
- The Well Balanced Blonde: Brooke has one of the cutest lifestyle blogs. She writes about lifestyle, fashion, health and wellness. I love it!
- Cup of Kenz: Mackenzie is a Minnesota blogger who is wanting to bring a breath of fresh air to the blogging world! I love her faith based blog, and her Instagram is pretty cool, too!
- Lauren Em: I love Lauren’s style and her look. She is a fashion and beauty blogger based out of Nashville. She has great pictures and a great style!
- Love With Lana: Milana is a Fort Worth based blogger with an amazing sense of style! She is one of my favorite bloggers and has a great style. If you love anything pink, you will love her!
You ladies are amazing! I love reading all of your blogs, keep up the great work!