Despite the temperatures falling, there are still so many trends that are hot right now. Fall is the perfect time to revamp your wardrobe and update your style.
Here are some tips on what to wear as the leaves change colors over the next few weeks:
- Ruffles: This trend really picked up in the spring; however you can carry it into the fall by incorporating darker hues into your wardrobe. This blouse is a great choice for a nice dinner out; the ruffle sleeves dress up the outfit but keep the top simple. Not too into ruffles? Check out this top; the peplum top dresses it up a bit more than just a loose fitting tee.
- Open hem skinny jeans: This style of jeans are perfect to pair with booties or even with sneakers for a basic look. Find a pair thats too long? You’re in luck: just roll them up once. The cuffed look is also on trend for this fall. Check out these Articles of Society jeans for the fall; they are destined to be one of your new favorite pairs.
- Booties: So, as we all know, booties have been on trend for the last few years. Don’t throw out that pair you splurged on last fall; wear them again and pair them with your favorite cardigan and jeans. You’re going to look fabulous.
- Military jackets/long vests: This is another trend that was seen a lot this past spring; keep those military green jackets close this fall. I love this trend because you can just throw on a military jacket (like this one) over a tee or blouse for a more casual look. Military green vests are also on trend this fall; throw one over a long sleeve top for a layered look.
- OTK boots: I have noticed black over the knee boots have been in for the last couple of cold-weather seasons. This fall is no different; however, I wouldn’t recommend bringing these out until the colder months.
- Small handbags: Tiny cross body bags are perfect for the fall. Choose a neutral color such as brown, navy or black. These are perfect for college game days, going to a pumpkin patch with friends or family or even spending the afternoon at the farmers market. You are able to carry a few necessities close to you while keeping your hands free.
- Flat mules: I love love love this trend. These mules can be used to dress up slacks for work or can be paired with shorts for those last few warm weekends. Check out these Gucci loafer-mules or these BP mules for a more cost effective option.
- Cardigans: Okay, I will be the first to admit that I will throw on a cardigan any season; but fall is the best time for cardigans. You never know when the office is going to be extra cold, or if the temperature is going to fall throughout the day. I recommend this Free People ‘Saturday Morning’ cardigan; it is so cozy and perfect for a lazy day. Or, if you are trying to dress your ensemble up, try this leopard cardi from Jess Lea Boutique. Love them both.
In addition to the above trends, it might also help to incorporate earth tones into your fall wardrobe. Pantone’s color of the year for 2017 is greenery, so it is only natural that it was seen on the runway for F/W. Choose greens and deep blue hues when you can.
What’s your favorite fall trend? Let me know in the comments!