It is almost the first official day of fall, which finallllly means pumpkin spice everything, big sweaters and cooler weather. Here in Dallas, the temperatures have fallen a bit; however, it is still what many would consider “hot.” Nevertheless, I am so excited for the change of seasons, so here are a few of my fall favorites:
- Chunky knit sweaters: This Free People Sweater is just what I am talking about. It’s cozy, comfy and chic. I love it. Definitely size down ecause this one runs big. However, $150 is a lot of money to put down on one sweater; this BP sweater (right) that I picked up during the #NSale this summer is much more affordable and can be worn to work as well.
- Spongelle Body Wash Infused Buffer: I got one of these in my Fab Fit Fun box and I love it. It gives off such a rich scent and can be used for 14+ washes; plus it is exfoliating. This is definitely something I keep on order.
- Bobbi Brown Instant Full Cover Concealer: I received a sample of one of these this past summer and loved it. With cold season and the time change coming up, I am sure there will be many times I need this for those dark circles under my eyes.
- Pumpkin Candles: Okay, like many others, I love love love pumpkin flavored everything and pumpkin scented everything around this time of the year. I mean, on Sept. 1, I was already stocking up on candles. But, Capri Blue just came out with a pumpkin jar candle. I love it. Definitely recommend picking up one of these at Anthropologie.
- Boots: As for boots and fall, you can always count on this being on trend. This fall, there are two kinds specifically that are specifically:
- Booties: These are perfect for game days in the south where the temps are still hot. The style of the shoe says summer; however the suede makes these shoes perfect for transitioning into cooler temps.
- Over-the-knee boots: These have been in the last couple of seasons, so naturally, they are on trend again this fall. Check out these Steve Madden OTK boots (right); I have them in black and LOVE them.
- Bucket lists: Every fall, I make a “bucket list” of things I look forward to doing that season. This year, I have things like bake fall cookies, attend my first Homecoming game as an alumni, drag my boyfriend to a pumpkin patch just to name a few. I can’t wait to check off everything before Thanksgiving!
What are some of your fall favorites? Let me know in the comments!