Ah, it is my favorite time of the year-no, not summer, but rather the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! Every year, everyone’s favorite department store hosts a massive two-week sale that commemorates their opening in 1901. During this sale, basically everything in the store is marked down in some way.
In case you didn’t know, that sale starts today.
You can shop it here.
Here are a few things you should probably know about the Anniversary Sale:
- Nordstrom cardholders get early access starting on July 13; this includes debit and credit card holders. If you have ever seen those curtains set up in your favorite Nordy’s, then you have seen the early access sale in store.
- The sale goes public on the 21st. This means that the curtains come down and everyone can shop.
- Prices go back up on August 6, so shop now!
- This is a great time to purchase clothing for the fall and winter months; however, this year there are many pieces that also look great in the summer. So if you are shopping for you little ones, you can find lots of great school and summer clothes; if you are shopping for yourself, there is a ton of great deals.
This sale is only once a year, unlike their semi-annual sale, so these deals won’t last long. If you are a cardholder, I recommend you take advantage of these awesome prices because your new favorite bag or shoes might not be available once the sale goes public. Since I have been shopping the sale since I can remember, I have a few tips for getting the most out of your shopping experience:
- Breathe: Yes, I know it can be overwhelming. This is an awesome sale, but you need to stay calm.
- Take your time: Shop the sale when you have a couple of hours to kill. Take your time and try on the clothes, pick your favorites and enjoy this.
- Shop online: In store chaos not your thing? The sale is online (early access, too!) so you can shop from the comfort of your home (or office if you’re like me 🙂 )
- Ask your salesperson: Nordstrom has five-star customer service, so take advantage of that. Don’t see your size? They can probably order it for you at another store and have it shipped right to your front door.
- Curb-side pick-up: Some stores offer curbside pickup. So you can order your items online, go pick them up and have them brought right out to your car. Its so easy; all of the shopping with no hassle!
- Have fun: Don’t forget to enjoy yourself during the sale. We can all get frustrated when we need to find so many different things for other people; but don’t let this stress you out. It is just a sale!
Now, time to shop!
Here are a few of my favorite picks from the sale. You can shop them from the links provided. Most of the pieces I chose will work for fall.
These Tory Burch sandals: They are great for summer parties, or you can pick them up in a darker color for an easy transition into fall. At less than $150, these are a steal.
This pair of Hudson skinny jeans would be perfect for a night out with friends during the summer as well as a tailgate during the fall. This high-low hem is perfect to pair with heels or booties.
This gorgeous James Perse wrap dress is perfect for any occasion. I am attending a wedding next month, so I think Ill have to pick this one up just for that. The dress comes in grey, black and plum. All colors are perfect for fall.
I am honestly kind of obsessed with these Joe’s skinny jeans. I love the color and hem line. They would be a perfect pairing with heels for a nice dinner.
Looks like leather jackets are back for fall. Here is my favorite one from Levi’s. The black color will be perfect to dress up or down depending on the occasion. I love leather jackets because they are great to just throw on and you can look so put together with them.
I love this Trouve halter dress. It is the perfect evening ensemble. Pair it with black heels for a more reserved look or some colorful pumps to give your look a pop.
These Vince Camuto pants would be perfect for work. I love the look and style of these pants; plus they are a great staple. You can dress them up for work or down for a more casual look. (The stretchiness of these pants will also be great during the holidays when co-workers bring around Christmas cookies!)
There is no denying that ruffles will be huge this fall. This Hinge ruffle top is perfect for the fall. Pair it with jeans and booties for the perfect pumpkin patch look. I love the structure of this piece and the color, too.
I love this Zella tank. Perfect for yoga, running or training, the open back allows for air flow and is super cute, too. Since I love athleisure, I am a huge fan of this tank top. At less than $30, you really can’t beat this price.
LOVE Kendra Scott? Well she has some pieces in this sale as well. This Elisa necklace is a perfect everyday necklace and comes in both silver and gold. These Elle earrings come in silver, gold and rose gold-perfect for fall.
In addition to clothes and accessories, home and beauty are also on sale. This is probably one of my favorite sales of the year. Oddly enough, Lululemon also just announced that today they are hosting an online warehouse sale with lots of markdowns on athletic gear. Check out that sale here!
Check back next week! I will be shopping the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale in store later this week and will have a post up with my favorite finds before the sale goes out to the public on the 21st.
Have you shopped the sale yet? What are your favorite finds? Let me know in the comments!