If you’ve been reading my blogs, you know my weeks are busy, crazy busy. So, in order to get healthy meals, I have to have a plan before I even get home. Some nights I only have about 30 minutes to eat before I have to be at one meeting or another. So, here are five of my go-to meals when I have no time:
- Turkey tacos: After a long day, these quick tacos are great for a quick, healthy bite to eat. All I do is season and cook ground turkey, put them on some tortillas and add cheese and avocado. I usually eat this meal a couple of times each week. Its great because I can prepare the turkey meat at the beginning of the week and eat on it all week.
- Shrimp + rice: I love sauté-ing shrimp and cooking some rice with it. I also change this meal up by adding teriyaki sauce or some spicy mayo.
- Veggie noodles + protein: These veggie noodles are great because when cooked through and with sauce added, it tastes close to actual pasta. The veggie noodles are easy to cook (and make if you have a Spiralizer), and all you need is to add a protein and you get a healthy, quick meal.
- Best sandwich ever + veggies: You wanna know my secret for a great sandwich? Pesto mayo. This can make any sandwich go from boring to delicious. I usually put ham, cheese, lettuce/spinach and pesto mayo on my sandwiches. The extra flavor from the pesto mayo really gives the sandwich an extra pop of flavor.
- Chicken + risotto: Chicken and risotto is one of my favorite meals, especially if I’m having friends over for dinner. I really enjoy this because I am not great at seasoning chicken, so the delicious risotto helps make this meal taste a little better (#realtalk).
What are your favorite quick weeknight meals? Let me know in the comments, I would love to try out new recipes!